Thursday, November 12, 2009

Why KFC is not listed under 'baby's first solids'

One of those really great days: I finished all the washing and got it all put away – I cooked up a batch of Baby Bolognaise and packed it into freezer containers, I hoovered, I washed the floors, cleaned the bathrooms and changed the mats – I even washed and dried Buddy’s bed.

I drove out to Dee Why to that phenomenal butcher I rarely get to these days and stocked up before stopping at the park with Lucie and Bud. Lucie napped well and she ate really well both meals I even shared with her my afternoon treat – 2 cooled pieces of KFC popcorn chicken which she scoffed with a smile. I even managed to do a wee bit of work on my book – I was feeling like super mum. For exactly four and a half hours…

9.30pm: Mother and child are having a vomit and runs contest (food poisoning?) Dad’s upset because he’s stepped barefoot in one of the hallway’s many vomit puddles while mum is scraping vomit from the kitchen floor into a dust pan between running back to the loo every few minutes with shouts of ‘Oh God”.

All the bathmats and floors are splattered in vomit and the stores of clean cot sheets and teddy bears are getting mighty low.

Next morning Lucie slept in which gave me some time to let Bud out and hang out more wet sheets. Coming back in the house I see brown footprints all over the floor. Buddy who had obviously stepped in his poo walked it all though the house and seemed to have done laps on the rug and his clean bed.

While I’m wrestling with him trying to find the offending paw to wash it Lucie decides its time to wake up.. :o(

KFC called a week later,explaining their extensive hygene procedures and apologised for any inconvenience caused. They offered two meal vouchers
to make it up to us.

N.B update, in fairness to KFC the doctor says this was more likely a bout of gastro and I did collect the bonus meal. I continue to this day to be a popcorn chicken addict - although I only give Lucie the chips.

OK, now if you want to read a really scary KFC story check this out:

Infant Overdoses on KFC Bucket:A Health Report

by Delilah Sheraton

photo and story care of

No comments:

Post a Comment